Thursday, August 9, 2012

R.I.C.E.

By the way, these Target commercials with the teachers singing about what their students will need....HILARIOUS!

On to more interesting things (at least I hope so).... training was going so great!  I found a 10k on September 15th, either in Rexburg or Pocatello, and I was super excited.  Then on Saturday, I went to zumba for the first time in months.  I was super excited, because sometimes a girl just needs to spice up her life a little bit.  (Did you just sing that in your head?  Yeah, I just did, too.)  Anyway, during the very first song, my ankle totally inverted.  OUCH!  It hurt real bad, but in soccer, the coaches always told me to walk it off.  So I just took it down a few notches and worked through it.

For the rest of the day, it was ok.  A slight pain, but not debilitating or anything.  The next day, I wore heels to church.  Definitely felt it a little more.  O Monday....yeah....ow.  And by Tuesday, I was hobbling.  R.I.C.E.  (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation)  So I haven't been able to run at all, and I'm really sad about it.  But, it's getting better, so I'm thinking in a couple days I should be able to slowly get back into the groove.

Until then, I guess I'll just do sit-ups.....?

No comments:

Post a Comment