Thursday, September 20, 2012

Cue the Processional!

Holy cow!  It's been almost two weeks!  Well....school started and life has been crazy.  I've finally figured out the whole graduating/Ephraim being gone thing, so I will make the official announcement here.

Here's the back story: Ephraim was gone during spring semester on his internship, and he impressed the company so much that they offered him a job!  Problem was, he wasn't set to graduate until April.  So he talked to his advisor and was able to work everything out so he could graduate in December and his remaining nine credits online from January to April.  But I still had to stay here until July and then do my student teaching (in Vegas) from September to December....so we were going to have to be apart for a year.

So, I started looking into possibly taking 21 credits during fall semester and winter semester, graduating in April, being with Ephraim from April to August, and then doing student teaching from September to December.  But then I found out I still had to take three classes, sequentially....no exceptions...so it wasn't possible.  

Then, a stroke of genius (because of a suggestion from a close friend).  I tried to figure out what I had to do to finish online.  Well, by changing my major to University Studies (which is basically General Studies), I'd be able to finish the Business minor online and use classes I already had to create two clusters (American Government and History Education....which is pretty much the same so I've been just saying I'm minoring in Business and American Government).  SO!  By taking 19 credits on campus this semester and 20 credits online next semester, I'll be able to walk in December and officially finish in April....and be with my husband!

So far, it's been super busy.  We haven't been able to go to the store (plus our financial aid didn't get transferred fast enough for us to go before we really got busy), so we have not been eating well.  (My menu from last week is still all set, just never used unfortunately.)  I haven't had time to go to the gym.  And our house is fairly messy....mainly the kitchen.  It's just been homework, homework, homework....and of course, class and work.  AH!

Also, I always planned to get involved in some of the Honor Societies or clubs on campus, but now I'm so busy that I'm trying to figure out how that could even work.  I'd love to have some sort of office or committee job, but I just don't know if I'll have time.  Of course, all the main positions are already taken.  Also, I'm missing just one political science class in order to be part of the National Honor Society for political science....which is kinda sucky!  I can only be in the BYUI Chapter.  =(  But I think I can be in the National History Honor Society, so at least that's something!

Anyway, I'm really excited about this new plan.  It's different than I thought it would be, but it feels right and it feels good.


And HELLO!!  I'M FREAKING GRADUATING!!!  =D

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't it feel great to have a plan and see the light at the end of the tunnel?! Brad is going to graduate in April too, but our plan is to go to law school in the fall. So we've still got some more school left.

    ReplyDelete